Guardianship and Conservatorship Actions

Currently, I am not accepting new clients.

Attorney Bickford helps families and friends petition the probate court for guardianship over adults, when a person is unable to manage his or her own finances, health care, or safety, (legally incapacitated) and has no durable power of attorney. Such petitions can be for emergency, temporary, or full guardianship. The court's guardianship order authorizes the guardian to take care of financial and or health care needs of the incapacitated person.

Attorney Bickford also helps guardians to fulfill their duties after their appointment. Such duties include, filing an inventory of the incapacitated person's assets and belongings, annual welfare reports, and annual accountings of the persons finances.